Scholarships: Deadline is April 1, 2024
Several scholarships are available to undergraduate students registered with the Office of Disability Services:
- Friends of UNC Charlotte Disability Services Scholarship
- Carol A. Douglas Endowed Scholarship for Disabled Students
- Kristian Champion Jeremy Lewis Scholarship (applicants must have a physical disability since birth)
- Lions of the Piedmont Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Denny and Jo Ann Fernald Disability Scholarship
Students apply for these scholarships through the NinerScholars Portal. You may apply for all scholarships for which you are eligible, and the NinerScholars Portal makes it easy to apply. Applications are reviewed by a scholarship committee comprised of faculty and staff who work with students in a variety of settings.
- Undergraduate student registered with the Office of Disability Services
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.3
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid
- Two References, one academic and one community
- Essay (essay prompts are provided in the scholarship portal)
For more information about scholarships, contact Disability Services or the University Scholarship Office (704-687-5871).
- Scholarships are awarded annually, and the typical award is at least $1,000.
- Students who are offered scholarships are notified via their University email during the summer, and they must enter the Scholarship Portal to accept the award.
- Scholarships awards are applied to the following fall semester.
We want to thank the Friends of Disability Services, the Carol A. Douglas Endowment, the Matthews Road Wolves Motorcycle Club, the Lions of the Piedmont Endowment, and Jo Ann Fernald for their generous donations which make these student scholarships possible! We are grateful, too, for the contributions of the late Dr. Denny Fernald.