Transfer Students

The Office of Disability Services is here to assist transfer students with disabilities. The processes for requesting accommodations may differ from your previous institution, and we want to help make the transition as seemless as possible. Things to know about registering for services:

  1. To Start the Process, Submit Documentation of Your Disability to Disability Services: Transfer students should submit current documentation of their disability(ies) from their treating healthcare provider. You'll find information about documenting a disability and be able to download the required documentation forms from our Documentation page.
  2. Allow Time for the Documentation Review: Submitted documentation is reviewed by a DS counselor to determine eligibility for services, which typically takes 4-6 business days. Once a determination is made, you will receive notification to your UNC Charlotte email regarding eligibility status and next steps.
  3. Once Eligible, Schedule a Registration Appointment with a DS Counselor: In this appointment, you and the counselor will engage in an interactive process to identify reasonable, appropriate accommodations. This collaboration continues throughout your time at the University. Registration for services is not complete until you meet with a DS counselor.
  4. Introduction to the DS Portal: In your Registration appointment, the counselor will explain the DS Portal, our online accommodation management system, and set up your access to the system.

Disability-related information is private and protected by FERPA. No information regarding your disability or accommodations is ever indicated on your transcripts. If you have questions about services or accommodations, please contact us at or 704-687-0040. We look forward to working with you!

The following websites are dedicated to Transfer Students and offer helpful information: